Each fall Potomac Pedalers hosts the Back Roads Century bike ride in Berryville, VA. It's the most popular annual cycling event in the Washington, DC region, attracting 2,000 cyclists from all over the United States. The Back Roads Century has its own website www.BackRoadsCentury.org
where you'll find a wealth of information about the ride.
Registration for the Back Roads Century is processed here, on the Potomac Pedalers website. Registration is easy and it only takes a few minutes. We've posted this document to answer any questions which you may have regarding registration for this event; so that you're not "unsure" of anything when you do decide to register. The Back Roads Century is held in September and registration typically opens in May.What's Included With Registration
- Free parking
- Cue sheets
- Mechanical support during your ride
- Rest stop food and drinks - we get rave reviews for our quality and unique food items
- Post-ride cookout - hamburgers, hot dogs, etc, after you finish your ride
- DJ at the cookout
- Door prizes at the cookout
- Back Roads Century logo short sleeve tech t-shirt
- Back Roads Century logo cycling water bottle
- Some surprises in your "goodie bag" when you pick up your free shirt and water bottle
- Incredibly beautiful cycling in an historic part of our country
- Fantastic companionship with lots of other happy cyclists
The price of registration for 2013 is as follows
- May 1st to July 31st - $45.00
- August 1st to August 31st -$50.00
- Potomac Pedalers Members
- May 1st to July 31st - $40.00
- August 1st to August 31st - $45.00
- All Riders
- September 1st to Sept 14th - $85.00
We will close registration once we have reached our 2,000 rider limit - regardless of the date!Potomac Pedalers Member Registration Discount
To receive your Potomac Pedalers member discount to the Back Roads Century, you will need to login to this site - www.PotomacPedalers.org. You will automatically receive the applicable discount when you reach the registration page. Please be sure that you login before you register for the Back Roads Century
. Otherwise you will not receive member pricing and we will not be issuing refunds.Join Our Club
If you're not currently a member of Potomac Pedalers, than consider joining our club
. We offer over 1,000 free rides each year and discounts on lots of cycling excursions. Many bike shops offer discounts to our members, therefore your membership fee could pay for itself in no time.
Be sure that you join our club before registering
for the Back Roads Century. After you've joined, login to our site www.PotomacPedalers.org and you'll automatically receive the member discount if you register by August 31st.Free t-shirt
You will receive a free Back Roads Century short sleeve logo t-shirt which you can pick up at the ride, any time of day. Just be sure to specify your shirt size during registration.Free Water Bottle
You will receive a free Back Roads Century logo cycling water bottle, which you can pick up at the ride, any time of day. You don't need to specify anything during registration. You can just grab your free water bottle at the same time you pick up your t-shirt.Distance You Are Riding
During registration we will ask you the distance that you plan on riding. Please make a selection which will help us plan food at each of our rest stops. Different rest stops occur on different ride distances, therefore we need to know how many riders to expect at each location.Your selection does not "lock you in" to a ride distance
. You are free choose any distance that you please - even on the day of the ride. We realize that many riders will change their mind as we approach the ride date. That's okay. It all tends to even out as some riders move up in distance, and others move down.Rider Numbers
Every participant will receive a rider number which we'll mail to your home the first week of September. You will need your rider number in order to participate in the Back Roads Century. If you don't receive your number or you've somehow lost it, you'll need to stop by the registration desk in the morning at our ride start. We will issue a replacement number after having you fill out some paperwork.Payment Processing
Payment by credit card is accepted on our site, and we ulilize BluePay as our merchant payment processer - one the most trusted names on the internet. All transactions are fully encrypted with 128 bit encryption and Potomac Pedalers maintains PCI compliance - one of the most stringent certifications on the web.
We know that many shoppers prefer to use PayPal, so we're also offering that option to you as well. Potomac Pedalers is a PayPal "Verfied" merchant.
- During checkout, select the PayPal option under Payment Type
- On the order summary screen you will see a "Check Out With PayPal " button
- Click on the PayPal button and you will be taken to the PayPal login screen
- Login to your PayPal account and approve the transaction
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from PayPal
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Potomac Pedalers
- You will be returned to our site, where you can print a receipt of your transaction.
We do not charge processing fees for registration. The total in your cart is the total that you'll pay.Refunds
We do not offer refunds on Back Roads Century registration. That's because this event is planned a year in advance, and we must make firm commitments to all of our vendors, suppliers and rental facilities. The event is rain or shine.