Please register as there are limited seating for this workshop!
NEW LOCATION! Please note, the location has changed. The new location is listed above. (Arlington Temple United Methodist Church, 1835 N Nash Street, Arlington, VA 22209)
Ride Leaders are the heart and soul of Potomac Pedalers!
Virginia needs ride leaders, too, and that’s why we’re holding the first-ever Virginia ride leader event! This orientation and refresher is for all current and aspiring ride leaders — everyone will learn something. We’ll meet with our fellow ride leaders, share experiences, learn the finer points of Virginia bike laws, discuss accident management, and how to be prepared ride leaders overall. Meeting will have beverages and snacks. There will be an optional ride after the meet-up.
- 12:45-1:00PM: Arrivals and Brunch (bagels, fruit, snacks, and coffee)
- 1:00-1:20PM: Welcome and Introductions
- 1:20-2:00PM: Pre-Ride Planning; Ride Leaders' Panel; Q&A
- 2:00-3:00PM: Virginia Bike Laws and Accident Management
- 3:00-3:15PM: Break
- 3:15-4:00 PM: Facilitated Discussion:
- Leading Rides and Managing Riders
- Leader Roles and Responsibilities
- 4:00-5:00 PM: Focus Group - Growing Potomac Pedalers Presence in Virginia
- What are our Strengths & Weaknesses?
- Where are the gaps? Ride Classes & Locations
- Who and how can we partner with to improve our visibility and strengthen the Club’s services to the community?
- 5:00PM Wrap-up and optional ride
Directions: Entrance is on N Nash Street (by the skywalk and across the street from Gold’s Gym.) You may bring your bike inside the meeting space.
By Metro: From the Rosslyn Metro Station, head NORTH on N Fort Myer Drive (400 feet), then turn LEFT onto N Nash Street (250 feet)
By Bike: From the Custis or Mt Vernon Trails, head SOUTH on N Fort Myer Drive (0.25 miles), then turn RIGHT onto N Nash Street (100 feet)
Dave Helms (301-466-5561)
Linda Kolko (301-785-1342)