Lewes Delaware Weekend - 2013
514 Savannah Road
Lewes, Delaware 19958
Online registration is closed.
Get an early jump on spring by joining us for a weekend at the beach. Lewes is a small, picturesque, and historic town near Rehoboth Beach. This weekend is noted for its sociability and ease in meeting new people, so come alone or with a friend or spouse. This year we will limit attendance to 85 people so sign up early!
We will have rides ranging in length from 20 to 65+ miles, all flat (although we reluctantly admit sometimes there are headwinds at the beach.) Many rides visit nearby wildlife refuges, a winery, and beaches.
We will stay at the Beacon Motel (www.beaconmotel.com), which has been our home away from home for over 17 years. Address: 514 Savannah Rd., Lewes, DE 19958 Ph: 800-735-4888 or 302-645-4888.
Options will be single or double occupancy. If you are coming by yourself, but would like to share a room, we can assign a roommate (double occupancy only). The weekend is $250 for singles (one person in a room) and $190 for doubles (per person, two people in a room).
The cost of the weekend includes the following:
- Nice motel two blocks from the center of town and a few blocks from the beach.
- Cue sheets and maps available starting Friday at noon.
- Organized rides of various lengths on Saturday and Sunday.
- Ice Cream Social/Welcome Party Friday night.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning at the motel.
- Lunch fixings on Saturday to take with you when you ride.
- BYOB Cocktail Party on Saturday at the motel.
- Buffet dinner Saturday night.
- Late checkout Sunday is available at no extra cost. Please let the front desk know ahead of time.
- Locked storage room to store your bikes.
- Hotel rooms have either two double beds or a queen bed and a trundle bed, and a refrigerator.
Your hosts are Lorraine McCall and Catherine Kitchell. Lorraine has very graciously again volunteered to apply her considerable event organizing abilities to handling the food aspects for this year. Catherine will be handling registration – please use firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-998-8706 if you have questions.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refund before April 13th (minus the cancellation charge). No refunds after April 20th. All cancellations are subject to a $25 per person cancellation charge.
« Go to Upcoming Event List