Thursday, April 4, 2013
Posted by: Mark Alpert
You'll see that we've redesigned our website with a fresh new look just in time for spring! However, our new design isn't just about looks. We wanted to ensure that navigating the site is as quick and easy as possible; and that our most popular pages are only one click away.
There are several new enhancements which we would like to point out -
- The Main Menu has been relocated horizontally across the top of each page
- Yes, you noticed that one right away
- All ride-related items are grouped together on the left
- Ride Schedule menu items
- Rider Info menu items
- Ride Schedule Widget, showing the next 5 Club rides
- Weather map below Widget
- Direct links to Ride Schedule Pages (top left)
- Ride Calender - View the graphical popup ride calender directly from the home page!
- Ride Listing - Go directly to the Potomac Pedalers Ride Schedule list view
- Ride News Forum - Direct link to our forums
- Direct links to Membership Pages - (top right)
- About Us - About Potomac Pedalers
- Join Our Club - Membership Signup
- Volunteer - We can always use more volunteers
- Store - Our online store
- Help - Website Help pages
- Social Networking Links at the Bottom of Page
- Twitter - Our Twitter page
- Facebook - Our Facebook page
- LinkedIn - Our LinkedIn page
- Meetup - Our Meetup page
- And best of all, our new graphics are really pretty!
We'll be doing some "tweaking" on the fonts, colors and links over the next several days, so please be patient while we complete the conversion. We hope that you enjoy the new website design.