Waiver of Liability
Potomac Pedalers Touring Club, Inc. / Back Roads Century
In order to participate in the Back Roads Century, you must agree to the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Indemnity Agreement. If you do not agree, than you may not participate.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT”):
In consideration for being permitted to participate in any way in the 2017 Back Roads Century on September 17, 2017, an event sponsored by the Potomac Pedalers Touring Club, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand the nature of bicycling activities and that I am qualified to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the Activity and upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. UNDERSTAND that all participants in the Activity are required to wear BICYCLING HELMETS, and I agree to wear a bicycle helmet while riding a bicycle as part of any event connected with the Activity.
3. FULLY UNDERSTAND That (a) BICYCLING ACTIVITEIS INVOLVE RISKS and DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH ("RISKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own action, or inactions, the actions or inactions of other participants in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEE” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
4. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS Potomac Pedalers Touring Club, Back Roads Century, its administrators, officers, volunteers, staff, agents and employees; other participants; and any other sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and leasers of premises on which the Activity takes place (the "RELEASES” referred to herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS.
5. I GIVE Potomac Pedalers Touring Club and Back Roads Century UNRESTRICTED PERMISSION to use and/or publish pictures of me for promotional purposes. I hereby wave any right that I may have to inspect and approve the finished product or copy that may be used in connection with an image that the photographer has taken of me or the use to which it may be applied. I further release Potomac Pedalers Touring Club and Back Roads Century from any claims for remuneration associated with any form of damage, foreseen or unforeseen, associated with the proper commercial or artistic use of images.
6. I UNDERSTAND that my registration information will be used by Potomac Pedalers Touring Club and Back Roads Century for e-mail and/or mail communication relating to Potomac Pedalers Touring Club and/or Back Roads Century activities. Your registration information will also be shared or released to the Event photographer, so that they may contact you for the purpose of evaluating photographic proofs and images for purchase. You are under no obligation to purchase photographs. We will not share your registration information with any other businesses or organizations for solicitation purposes.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it and have freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greater extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid that the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
ADDITIONAL MINOR RELEASE FOR RIDERS UNDER 18: And I, Parent and/or Legal Guardian of the Named Minor hereby give my permission and consent voluntarily and freely for my child to participate in this event. I further agree individually and on behalf of my child to the above terms after having fully read the terms.